Our local area is supposed to be about 100 degrees in the next few days. With much of our nation experiencing the heat and with many having lost their power due to storms, I wanted to share the following article link with MANY ideas for keeping cool. Please share any thoughts or other tips you may have to help keep cool during some of the hottest days of the summer…
Here is the Wiki article – This article had great tips even if you have no power.
Here are some of the things I do to keep our house cool during the heat:
Eat lots of Popsicles =)
- Open all the doors and windows early in the morning to cool off the house. Turn on fans to pull cool air in.
- 9-10AM, close the curtains/blinds on the West side with sun coming through them.
- Around 11AM. Close up the house, it is as cool as it is going to be…
- 1PM, check the windows and close any curtains/blinds on the South side of the house.
- Turn on AC & set to 78 degrees.
- Near 4PM close the curtains/blinds on the East side of the house.
- After sunset, open the doors and windows to get air flowing in the house.
Keep windows & doors open until bedtime.
- At bedtime, turn off AC, close everything on the 1st floor and 1/2 close & block the windows on the 2nd floor. Use window fans on the 2nd floor. This continues to keep air flow moving while deterring any burglars from entry into your home.
Until next week, may your rentals be filled and your home be a happy place.
Lori Hartjoy is the owner of Blue Mountain Rentals, established in April of 2011. As well as being a devoted mother of 3 toddlers, she provides over 20 years of clerical experience to her clients. Her background includes processing employment, tenant screening, background checks and working as a property manager and payroll clerk for a major telecommunications corporation.
The information contained on this blog and from any communication related to the Blue Mountain Rentals website is provided for informational purposes only. All information you choose to use is at “your own risk”.
Please visit http://www.bluemtnrentals.com for more information on how Blue Mountain Rentals can provide a win-win solution for your housing needs.
Blue Mountain Rentals – Helping Landlords & Renters Click! www.bluemtnrentals.com
Low cost rental listing promotions & housing search services. Many free resources available.
Offering the only consolidated FREE Rental Lead List for Greater Walla Walla communities.
Follow Blue Mountain Rentals:
Facebook – Blue Mountain Rentals
Twitter – @Bluemtnrentals
Linkedin – Lori Hartjoy
Pinterest – Bluemtnrentals
Gentlemint – Bluemtnrentals
TheFancy – Bluemtnrentals
Google+ – Bluemtnrentals